Saturday, December 21, 2013

Missing In Action

Back in July I made the comment near the end of a blog post that I didn’t think I’d be writing as much for the foreseeable future. I thought I’d still be posting regularly, just less. What I didn’t expect, and as things have turned out, is that I would end up posting next to nothing for several months straight.

With that same comment, I stated that my life was turning up after a springtime Dark Night of the Soul experience. Although this appeared to be true (at least in an emotional sense), I was quite blind to the events that would soon follow... and take me back down into a prolonged state of dis-ease.

Around summertime I began experiencing symptoms of what I now know to be Candidiasis paralleled with what I’m terming an Oxalate Overdose. I’ve been working toward healing, physically and metaphysically, for a few months now. To say these issues are persistent is an understatement. It seems that nearly every time I feel I’ve cleared something up or made an advancement, I am either proven wrong, I slip up in my diet and supplement regimen, or another aspect of the complete picture rears its ugly head.

Basically, this is where I’ve been and this is where I’m at right now. I’ve learned a great deal in the process, so for that reason it’s been a blessing in disguise. Yet what an ordeal it has been…

As for this blog, it’s anyone’s guess when I’ll be back to writing regularly. I’ve had minimal inspiration to write in the last few months and that was only a few weeks ago. Even there, however, both because my sickness makes my eyes particularly prone to strain when using a computer (this seems to be improving) and because my body is often in a state of mild depression and fatigue, I have had little desire to type up or publish any of my works-in-progress.

Anyway… That’s it for now.

May you have a joyful holiday.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading. Comments are welcome.